IU Football Fan and friend of the show, Jim (@JFhoff), went to the IU Tailgate Tour stop in Indianapolis this week, and got to hear from Coach Kevin Wilson. Below is his recap of what he heard, along with some pictures from the event. (Jim brought his camera, but the battery died, so we are left with Blackberry photos)
The Tailgate Tour: a summary of things (un)said
Recently the IU Tailgate Tour stopped at the Rathskeller in downtown Indianapolis. This “State of the Union” -esque event was a great time, and Coach Wilson is an impressive public speaker.
However, it’s clear if you read between the lines there are things he really wanted to say.
Coach Kevin Wilson’s comments in black, what he meant to say is in red:
- “The Big Ten is the flagship conference in the NCAA”
- While at Oklahoma I was in the Big 12. Who knows which university is going to leave that conference next?
- “Looking forward to finding out who the team leaders will be”
- I don’t want players like former QB Kellen Lewis leading my team
- “The weight room staff increased to 5”
- We’ll be able to re-rack the weights in record time
- “Added a nutritionist with 10 years of experience from Virginia Tech”
- No more Mad Mushroom pizza. Taco Johns at Foster-Gresham food court is still ok
- “Made 3 promises to the team: 1. Will help you get a degree 2. Put good people in the locker room 3. We’re going to work hard”
- I can’t promise I’ll grow back my moustache
- “No major injuries this spring”
- Maybe we’re not hitting hard enough yet
- “Our schedule should allow us to have a lot of momentum going into the Big Ten season”
- Good thing we have another cupcake early schedule
- “I haven’t started to study other teams yet– just IU”
- This means we’re looking like the best team in the Big Ten so far
- “The best thing fans can do is to have a good attitude and high expectations”
- Lets get some butts in the seats this year. We just got renovated stadium for crying out loud!
One other note: Kevin Wilson has a strong handshake – did it twice to make sure. Go Hoosiers!