IZOD INDYCAR Championship Standings Top 10 – Post Brazil
(Click to enlarge)
A few thoughts after Brazil:
- Notice Will Power is no longer in the top 10. I know it is still early in the season, but with a summer full of ovals ahead of us, that does not bode well for his Championship chances. Remember his only oval win was the second race at Texas last year, when he got the P2 starting spot because of how he turned a tire. I do think that his chance at a Championship is done for 2013.
- If all Road/Street races are like Brazil, I think all of us oval fans wouldn’t worry about having to add more ovals to the schedule.
- How on earth did KV let Tony Kanaan run out of gas? Knowing how important Brazil is to his sponsors, and then having him go out there with an injured hand and running up near the front. To have a mistake like that, is pretty unacceptable.
- I’ll break-down the ages in a bit, but so far this year we have had no wins by Penske and Ganassi. All of their drivers are getting a bit long in the tooth, except for Will Power. Both Dario and Helio are on the other side of 35, and Dixon is very close. With all of them having had those seats for a while, it is time they start looking at locking up some of these younger drivers? Just a thought for now, more on this to come during the season.
- Most consistent driver this season……….Marco. Not sure I would ever write that. He is also now a real threat to win the Championship if he can drive on road/street courses like this.
- I really hope that after such a great start to the season, we don’t see a Ganassi dominated 500 like we did last year. Would be nice to have the wide open field like we have had in the past 4 races and really feel like anyone can win.
Now onto my favorite racing month of the year.