There was a Bracket Report out yesterday, but it was quickly withdrawn because I was not pleased with some of the elements. I feel a bit more comfortable with the one below:
- I have a hard time distinguishing between Miami and Duke from a resume perspective. Both have great wins, and lots of them. Miami has a couple of poor losses, but Duke has hardly any road wins. If you look at the two games they played against each other, Miami looks slightly better. I went with Duke here as the third #1 seed because that’s what the committee would likely do, but it would be close.
- Got any stock in Florida? Dump it.
- St. Mary’s is a terrible team to have in the field. But truly there are no good options. Tennessee also manages to find their way in. Arkansas could easily have had St. Mary’s place except that Arkansas is 1-8 on the road.
- Wichita State has really hurt itself over the past few weeks. I think they’ll be safely in, but they better hope for a lack of upsets in the conference tournaments.
- On the other hand, I’m heavily rooting for upsets in conference tournaments, to rid ourselves of the worst excesses of the bubble.